free hit counter code suck it trebek: RIP Club Clearview

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

RIP Club Clearview

For full reports and details, Sammy over at Dd has the exclusive (he loves that word) scoop. We're just linkin' and clinkin' in honor of one of the clubs that housed many nights of our youth.

Now, we'll be honest, we weren't frequenting the joint much, if at all, anymore, but we look back on it fondly: rooftop games of Moods, vying for an empty stool, karaoke in what used to be Red, bear hugs from Greg, that one Valentine's show when Matty's Pixies cover band rocked ass, singing back-up for my sis on that hot and teensy stage, being able to find Suzy the 6-foot Canadian no matter how crowded it was, drunken antics galore and many, many, many bands. Ahhh, we miss those days...but we won't miss the lack of A/C. Peace out, Clearview.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I hadn't been there in years. Saw plenty of great shows there: Chomsky, Red Animal War and . . . And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead.

6:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww man. I hadn't been there in a long time; probably a year. The stories that karaoke stage, bathroom, and that dark, curtained hallway coould tell. Good times. Great friends. I pour one for my fallen homey, Club Clearview.

7:04 PM  
Blogger Sophie said...

Ah, sad. I went to the opening party with my dear friend (RIP) Russell Smith, who was covering it for the DMN. I called it "a punk club for frat boys" or somesuch and Russell quoted me in his story, which thrilled me. I haven't been there in years. I think the last show I saw there was the Dictators. (I'm ever-so old school)

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home