free hit counter code suck it trebek: Money and stuff.

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Money and stuff.

Last night, Jen and I went out for some fun times. As commonly found in Dallas, fun times cost money. I looked into the breakdown.

Cash purchases:
Taco Combo at Taco Cabana: $5.
Perfect little latte from Gachet: $3
Admission to Cavern for fun times: $6
Total: $14

Charges (which, obviously, don't count):
3 sweet-n-tight albums from Good Records: $44.
Beverages at the Cavern: $12 (after tip, but even still, I only drank waters and Diet Cokes)
Total: $56 (that's upsetting)

Things that can't have a monetary value placed on them:
-Jen's hypothetical of "If Noah Taylor walked into the Cavern tonight would you strip to your underwear to make out with him?" (Answer: I'd try my best to work out a compromise, like moving upstairs to that really dark area first. But hell, I'd prolly marry the guy if he asked--he's had amazing roles like David Helfgott and Hitler and was also in Dogs In Space and a Nick Cave video for chrissakes.)
-Having a total stranger correctly determine which of two CDs I should purchase.
-Hearing 4 of my favorite songs randomly played by my latte maker.
-Sean's cover of "The Bottle Let Me Down"
-Being addressed with "What's up, Big Booty!" on Greenville Ave. (Answer: Not a lot. What's up with you, Tiny?")
-Finding out that the police impound lot is not open 24 hours (despite what the recording says) after taking a friend to pick up his wrongfully towed vehicle.
-Having my cat wake me up after I accidentally turned off my alarm and discovering I had only overslept by a few minutes. Thanks Finny!
-Typing this while listening to one of said sweet-n-tight albums: Destroyer's Your Blues.

3 Comments:

Blogger jen said...

you told me to put a beer on your tab since you were only getting water/soda. that could account for a little bit of it...

12:49 PM  
Blogger Eric Grubbs said...

I spent the evening watching Chappelle's Show's first season on DVD. Had never seen it before. Will probably watch the Killswitch Engage DVD again tonight. Yeah, this life of mine is so exciting.

1:07 PM  
Blogger nerver said...

oh good, J, that makes me feel better. I could not figure out how that added up. I mean, I drink a lot of Diet Coke, but sheesh...

2:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home