free hit counter code suck it trebek: New National

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Friday, March 23, 2007

New National


Over the last couple of years, The National has become one of my favorite bands. Moody, effed-up lyrics just like I like 'em, the low baritone/bass voice of Matt Berninger (that totally reminds me on occasion of the singer from Furniture and on others Nick Cave), heavy use of piano and a knack for what I like to call "building" songs makes them key players in the fight for placement in my CD player.

Thanks to Noah for looking at this first since I heard a song coming from his cube and excitedly asked, "That sounds like The National, who is that?" "The National," he responded. At which point I quickly clicked over here to witness the goodies for myself ("Fake Empires" from the upcoming release Boxer--which is also available for listenin' on the band's MySpace. Pitchfork also features a preview for the new documentary on them by Vincent Moon (!!!) so there's plenty to satisfy your five-minute-bored-at-work distraction needs.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Johnny Murder said...

Dear world,
Widespread Panic makes me want to do two things.
1) Vomit
2) Commit suicide
That is all.
Love,
-John Freeman

2:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home