free hit counter code suck it trebek: pop song correspondences

suck it trebek

alex trebek is a horrible, horrible man. he's an apparent misogynist who thinks he knows everything. we don't think you do, alex. but we still love the Jeopardy! ...and other things too.

Friday, May 18, 2007

pop song correspondences

i generally don't take kindly to people talking bad about my beloved billy joel. them's fighting words. sure, he hasn't made some of the best decisions in life, but give the guy a break. he's the piano man for godssake! if anyone was going to make my sweet billy sound bad though, i'm glad that it's john moe over at mcsweeney's with his newest entry into the pop-song correspondences.

ladies and gentleman, i bring you a note placed in the pay envelope of billy "the piano man" joel.


also: what was up with the crappy grey's anatomy season finale? seriously? did i wait all season for that?

3 Comments:

Blogger Sophie said...

Billy Joel? Really? You surprise me, Jen. I don't hate him--I own The Stranger and like his love songs (especially She's Got A Way)--but he's so unhip.
The funniest/meanest things I've ever read about him were in Joe Queenan's vicious and hilarious Red Lobster, White Trash and the Blue Lagoon. I wish I were uninhibited enough to be that mean.

1:55 PM  
Blogger jen said...

i know, it's kind of dorky, but i can't help it. i've loved him since i was a kid.
i'm going to have to find that -- i assume there's drunk driving billy talk?

5:17 PM  
Blogger Sophie said...

I think it was written pre drunk driving. Mostly he just hates Billy Joel. A sample: "I have always had a grudging admiration for Joel, because his first major album, Piano Man, is a frank, no-holds-barred, cultural early-warning system of the horrors that lay ahead."
If you get the book, be sure to read the index, which is hilarious in itself.
Joel, Billy--entire career called into question 63-67

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home